Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nothing out of the ordinary; Strawberry-Red Pear Green Smoothie

I know.

I've been MIA from blog writing the past couple  few days.

The weekend got busy and yesterday I was playing catch up with school.

Oh! I'm a FoodBuzz Publisher! So the ads to the right of this post are legit. =)

My weekend was an enjoyable one though! I spent it with my friends and went to a couple of our usual spots to hang out and dance.

Well they danced, I wasn't up for it. I watched all the crazy shenanigans go down.

Friday night me and a few of my favorite ladies went to our local watering hole, The Outpost.



Since I'm on my cleanse I'm not drinking, so there was no alcohol for me this weekend!

Saturday night we went to support our friends' party they were hosting at a spot that used to be called Aura. Then new ownership took over and it got renamed Status and now it's called Playhouse.

One of my best friend's and I 


Ehh... not a fan of the new name...Playhouse?? I feel like it should be the name of some daycare center or a kids fun zone. Does anyone remember Discovery Zone?!

Anyways, the cleanse is going great! Starting last Wednesday we went up to have two shakes a day and one meal. I find this soooo much easier. Why?? Because all I have to do is throw things into a blender, whip it up and a few minutes later my meal is ready. Quick and easy! I've been doing a shake in the morning and one for lunch and then a meal I make for dinner.

Lately, I've been eating my usual eats. Over night oats in the morning, except now I blend them up. Super yummy. Lunch is a green monster protein shake and dinner lately has been chicken with veggies and quinoa, or a veggie quinoa bowl. I haven't really experimented with anything new, just haven't had the time!

I did, however, whip up a new green smoothie concoction and it's delish! Below is the recipe.



Strawberry- Red Pear Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup spinach
  • 1/2 cup kale
  • 3 medium to large strawberries
  • 1/2 red pear, cut up into pieces
  • a 1/4 of a banana; frozen (Frozen is optional)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Vanilla protein powder (optional)
  • 1 tbs. ground flax or chia seeds
  • Cinnamon


Directions:
Add to the blender first the milk, water, spinach and kale. Blend until smooth or at a consistency you like. Next add in the ground flax or chia seeds and protein powder (that is if you are adding any), blend again. Then add in the remaining ingredients; strawberries, pear pieces and cinnamon. Blend again. Once blended thoroughly, pour into a glass and enjoy!



The weather in northern California has been super weird. It's been cold, overcast, cloudy and rainy the past few days. And it's MAY. What the hell?!

Where is the sun and warm weather?! Coooome baaack!


Which means Jack has been spending a lot of time indoors with me. 


No, no, scratch that. 

With MY bed and on MY Giants blanket. 



He has his own blanket. (Yes, I know that sounds weird, a cat that has his own blanket, but he sheds like crazy and he's my "child" haha). See the red blanket above??

Yeah, that's his. See where he is laying??

Yeah, that's mine.

He's in right now as I post this.

But on his blanket this time.


Because the weather looks like this.



Okay, I'm done with the crazy cat lady talk.

I'm off to finish some cleaning of the house and then off to the gym!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

No comments: