Sunday, May 8, 2011

ABChick Pea's, VOO & Sautéed Balsamic Veggies with Quinoa

First and foremost.... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you mom's, grandma's and mom to be's. AND most importantly to the most important mom ever, to my amazing mom!!

Don't my mom and I look alike?! ::sarcasm::
Product of a mixed race marriage <3


Here are just a few of my weekend eats: A breakfast, a lunch and a dinner.

First up- Breakfast.

One morning I enjoyed a bowl of overnight oats, my absolute favorite breakfast to have in the morning. One reason because it is so delicious and two it keeps me pretty full for at least 4-5 hours.



Ingredients:
1/4 cup oats (Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats)
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbs. chia seeds
1 tbs. almond butter
1/2 tbs. oraganic agave nectar

Directions:
In a bowl add all the ingredients, except for the almond butter and agave nectar, mix well, cover and refrigerate over night. Next morning add the almond butter and agave nectar. Either heat up the VOO in the microwave for a few seconds or eat cold.

Nutritional Information: 255 cals., 8 g. fiber, 9 g. protein


Next up- Lunch

For lunch one day I decided to try out Angela's Peanut Butter Chick Pea's from her website Oh She Glows . I was very unsure on how these were going to taste but decided to give it a go! I adapted her recipe a bit. Instead of peanut butter I used almond butter and agave nectar instead of pure maple syrup.

OMG these were delicious! No joke! If you like chick peas and like almond butter/peanut butter, you'll love this. (I hope)


Almond Butter Chick Peas (ABChick Pea's)
(Adapted from Angela's Chick P's& P.B)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup drained and rinsed chick peas (I used canned ones)
1 tbs. almond butter
1/2 tsp. organic agave nectar

Directions:
Drain and rinse the chick peas. For a single serving take 1/2 cup of the chick peas and add to a deep bowl. Next in another bowl combine the almond butter and agave nectar. Scoop the almond butter and agave nectar mixture and add to the chick peas. Mix well with a spoon. Either eat these alone, add to a salad, a wrap or on top a piece of bread. Quite honestly, the almond butter chick peas are perfect just eaten alone!

Nutritional Information: 240 calories, 11 g fat, 7 g fiber and 11 g protein.

Not too shabby!!



And lastly- Dinner

I just wanted something quick, easy, delicious and healthy. Rummaged through my fridge and came out with some leftover quinoa, a orange  yellow bell pepper, chopped onions, grape red tomatoes, mushrooms and sugar snap peas. Sauted the veggies in a pan then added the quinoa to heat it through and drizzled with some balsamic vinegar. Quick, easy, delicious and healthy. YUUUMMM.

Nutrional Information: 212 cals., 5 g. fiber, 9.5 g. protein.

No real recipe for this, it's pretty straight forward!


Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

XO Jen

No comments: