Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Funky Tuesday

Tuesday has not gone that well.

Nothing bad happened, it was just an off day for me. A really BAD off day for me. A grump all day and in a funk of a mood. I can only think of two things that can factor in all of this:

  1.  PMS-ing really bad (TMI; sorry, I know.)
  2. My allergies have been really bad the past few days that it has caused my face to break out into a rash of little red bumps.  NOT HAPPY.
I think I may need to invest in a new allergy medicine. The one I am taking is CLEARLY not working. Miserable today.

Even though my day wasn't the best today, I stuck with my cleanse diet. You'd think I would have had a few slip ups due to my mood today, but I just wasn't going to let it happen. Nope, no way.

Cleanse day 3 : Woke up this morning and chugged down some water and had a cup of detox tea. About an hour later I whipped up a banana protein shake for breakfast and took my usual supplements.

This one had:

  • 1/2 a medium FROZEN banana
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbs. almond butter
  • 1 scoop Arbonne vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tbs. ground flax.
Yes, it's in a Starbucks cup. It's insulated and keeps it cold!


I was hoping that this shake would pull me out of my funk. 

No such luck. Damn.

I got myself ready for the day and ran some errands. By the time I got home it was around lunch time, but I wasn't super hungry. I was, however, just hungry enough for half of an apple cut up with some almond butter drizzled on top. Who could resist that?! Prepared it and took it outside to enjoy.


Lunch came and went, and yup, still in a funky mood. Not even being out in the sun on a beautiful day pulled me out of it. Damn allergies.

Later on when my mom got off work, I went with her to Trader Joe's and picked up a few things. Ran into my buddy Will, ::Hi Will:: but didn't really chat. My grumpiness got the best of me, I felt bad and texted him and apologized. Anyways, got some more bell peppers, lemons, crushed garlic, green apples, zucchini and some sugar snap peas. Yummmms.

Fast forwarding to dinner. 

I threw myself together a delicious salad. That did make me feel a little better, but not much. I cut up a leftover leek, some asparagus and carrots and then sautéed them in a pan for a few minutes until they were tender but still had some crunch to them. 




Seasoned with pepper, sage and thyme
 On a plate I put a handful of spinach and topped it with some herbed quinoa, the sautéed veggies, some mushrooms and sugar snap peas. Drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil and balsamic and dug in.   

Topped with a few pistachios 
That's been my day. Still a grump, but I am more tired than anything. I'm going to spend the rest of my evening reading and studying for my psychology midterm.

Hope everyone else had a better day!

XO Jen


No comments: