Thursday, May 26, 2011

Accident

The other night I had a slight accident...


Sliced my thumb open. Took this today after a couple days of healing and no bloody mess.

The culprit...

The food processor blade.

How did I do this you may be wondering?

I was carelessly putting away the food processor and sliced it that way,  not quite sure how I managed doing that.

So, after school today I went and bought a box of band-aids that fit and work for my injury.


I was surprised at how deep the cut was. It doesn't hurt as much, only when I bang my thumb on something or trying to put bobby pins in my hair. I'm thumb impaired for the next few days or so. I've been having difficulty buttoning and zipping my jeans, pulling my hair up into a pony tail or messy bun, texting on my phone, etc... I don't think many of us realized how much we need our thumbs for everyday uses!

Oh, and did I mention that this is my right thumb and that I am right handed?? 

I'll survive though, haha. I just like to complain about it.

Anyways, the other morning I had a bowl of strawberry blended overnight oats. It was creamy, strawberry goodness!

Strawberries 'n' "Cream" Overnight Oats


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk
  • 3-4 medium to large strawberries
  • 1 tbs. ground flax
  • 1 tbs. almond butter (optional)


Directions:
Night before add in the blender cup the oats, almond milk, strawberries and ground flax. Cover and refrigerate over night. Next morning blend up, pour into a bowl and top with almond butter.

Oh! My parents absolutely loved the Chile Verde Chicken Casserole! There was only a very small portion leftover. :) My mom informed me that it did thicken up more. Thank goodness!

Success!! 

No comments: