Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blended VOO and Kale Green Monster

The week has been going fantastically so far!

There's been good eats, great friends and great workouts.

Yesterday my best friend put together a Healthy Happy Hour to talk more about the cleanse and to sample some good eats and products of Arbonne. It was a blast! I made a roasted vegetable quiche to share with the ladies and there were a ton of other good eats. Hummus, rice crackers, veggies and a homemade Babaganoosh that our friend Christine made. Soooo good!

I wish I took pictures to show you all! Some people have this misconception that all detox cleanses cut out food. This one doesn't! It's all about clean healthy eating and replacing 2 meals with a shake. I am feeling so much better and have a ton of energy. I feel it working and will be something I'll be sticking with, food wise.

Today I started my morning with VOO... but I put a little twist to it, changed it up.

Any guesses??

I blended it up so it had a shake like texture. I know it sounds weird but it's sooo good! I sprinkled on top some ground flax and a blob of almond butter.

You must try next time! All I did was add my ingredients to the blender cup (oats and almond milk. I added the ground flax in the morning) covered and refrigerated overnight. Removed from the fridge in the morning and blended it up! If it's too thick, just add a little almond milk to it and blend again.

It's thick and creamy and oh so good!

Blended VOO
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbs. almond butter
  • 1 tbs. ground flax
  • A drizzle of agave nectar (optional)
  • What ever toppings you like
Directions:
Night before add the oats and almond milk in the blender cup, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, remove from fridge add the almond butter (half of the tablespoon) and blend. Add a little more almond milk if necessary. Pout into a bowl and top with the ground flax and the other half of the almond butter and what ever toppings you like. Strawberries and blueberries would go great with this!



Made a quick trip to Trader Joe's since I ran out of almond butter and I absolutely have to have my almond butter. There's no if's, and's or but's about it. I wandered around and noticed that they carried bagged kale! Needless to say I swooped up a bag along with an assortment of heirloom tomatoes and hummus.

Since I bought myself a bag of kale, I decided to put it to good use. Instead of putting spinach in my "Green Monster", I used the kale. It had a slightly different taste, but just as good! Downed it, did some reading for my classes and got ready for the gym.

Kale "Green Monster"

Ingredients:
  • Kale (about a handful)
  • 3 strawberries
  • 1 scoop Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbs. chia seeds
  • 1/2 Tbs. cinnamon





Headed to the gym for a session of cardio on the elliptical for 40 mins then back home for some strength training.

Dinner I made another portobello mushroom. It was stuffed with quinoa, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. Simple yet satisfying.



That's all for now! Sorry that this post isn't super exciting, I've been swamped with school!

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

XO Jen

No comments: