Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chickpea Soup and VBlog

Hello all! I thought I'd switch up my blog and try out something new.

Enjoy!

Oh and below the video is my critique on the chickpea soup.




My very first VBlog! Hope you all enjoyed! I tend to mumble sometimes, so I apologize. Bad, bad habit. Lol. But overall I had fun doing it and felt somewhat dorky basically talking to myself, haha. I'll do another one sometime in the near future!

Anyways, tonight I made a chickpea soup from yet another recipe I came across on from Angela's Oh She Glows blog. I absolutely love her recipes, they are always so yummy and healthy!

I wasn't so sure how this soup was going to turn out or taste but to my surprise it turned out really good! The soup is creamy and thick and if you like hummus you'll love this! If you don't want the soup as thick, just add a little more veggie or chicken broth to it.

I did some adaptations to this recipe since I didn't have a few things that she added and listed. I also cut it in half since I was making it for myself and it came out to be a little over 2 servings.

Leftovers!!

If you want her complete recipe go here.

Chickpea Soup
Serving: ~2






Ingredients:

  • 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans; drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tbs. olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth (vegetable works just as good, I had chicken on hand)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tbs. Tahini (optional)
  • 1 1/2 tbs. garlic (less if you don't want it so garlicy)
  • 1/2 tbs. dried sage
  • 1/2 tbs. dried thyme
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • Olive oil and mini heir loom tomatoes to garnish


Directions:
In a large skillet, add the 1 tbs. olive oil and add the chopped onions, heat over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring. After a few minutes, add the garlic and stir. After about 5 minutes, add in the cumin, salt, dried sage, thyme, pepper and lemon juice. Stir well to combine and cook over low-medium heat for another 5 minutes.

After about 5 minutes, add in the chicken broth (or vegetable broth) and water, the tahini and chickpeas. Stir and let it come to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.

Carefully pour into a blender and blend until smooth. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add a little more water or broth, blend again.

Pour into bowls and garnish with tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil.

And most importantly-- ENJOY!

I scarfed my bowl down, it was sooo good!

No comments: