Monday, May 2, 2011

Cleanse: Day 1 and 2

Yesterday marked the first official day of my cleanse, and as I stated before it's no gluten, no dairy or no soy. Piece of cake! Eat clean and healthy and oh yea..no alcohol. Bye-bye wine for a month, so sad to see you go! ;( I can already see that this might be a tough one to clear out of my diet for a month.



So since I stated that...I did, however, have one minor slip up yesterday regarding the what I shouldn't have or drink.

I had ONE beer yesterday... ::Palm to forehead:: Oops.

I met up with some friends yesterday and headed to downtown Livermore for it's annual Art and Wine Festival. THe sun was out and the weather was beautiful! I couldn't resist having a cold beer at the Ale House.

Just ONE minor slip up, it won't happen again. I promise.

I did make it to a yoga class with Erika, so that made me feel a little better about the slip up. Just a little.

Here's what my day one meal plan looked like:

Woke up: Had a huge glass of water (Which is pretty standard for me in the mornings 'cause I am always thirsty when I wake up). A cup of herbal detox tea
Breakfast: Green Monster Protein shake- 1cup vanilla almond milk, 1/2 medium banana, 1 tbs. ground flax, 1 scoop Arbonne vanilla protein powder, 1 scoop fiber, handful of spinach and 1 tbs. almond butter. 
Mid-morning drink: Green tea
Lunch: 2 brown rice cakes with hummus and a bowl of strawberries
Mid-afternoon drink: Glass of beer (Oops)
YOGA class @ 5pm
Dinner: Chicken with asparagus and mushrooms
Nighttime drink: Water

Today is the second day of the cleanse and it went great! No slip ups! Woke up this morning and had some water, detox tea and for breakfast I had a bowl of gluten free overnight oats. This bowl I kept it simple. Just 1/4 of oats, vanilla almond milk, ground flax, chia seeds and a squeeze of agave nectar. 

I spent part of my morning outside in the sun just soaking it up! Oh and getting a little tan on. ;)



Walked around my yard taking more pictures of the pretty scenery...and Jack.


I see you...
Snoball flowering plant


One of the many rose bushes in my backyard
Actual color of the rose. So pretty! One of my favorites.


The VOO held me over until lunch time where I made myself a protein shake that consisted of:
  • 1/2 an apple cut up
  • 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1 1/2 scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1 scoop fiber
  • 2 dashes of cinnamon
  • 1 tbs. ground flax
There was more, but I drank most of it before taking the picture.

Super delicious and it got me through my work out of 40 mins on the elliptical and then abs, core and weights. Had a cup a detox tea and relaxed until I made dinner.

Tonight's dinner tonight was baked sweet potatoes and chick peas with shrimp and chard salad. My garbage bowl of delicious eats.

Chick Pea Sweet Potato  salad with Shrimp and Chard


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Sweet potato cut up into chunks
  • 1/2 cup chick peas, drained and rinsed
  • Shrimp (however much you'd like)
  • handful of chard
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • Garlic powder or crushed garlic
  • dried basil and thyme




Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with foil. Chop the sweet potato. In a bowl, add the chick peas and sweet potato and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, thyme and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix together to coat the sweet potato and chick peas. Spread them out onto the covered baking sheet, pop into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. While the sweet potatoes and chick peas are cooking, heat a pan with olive oil and add the kale and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the kale has wilted and shrimp are pink and cooked through.  Add into a large bowl. When sweet potatoes and chick peas are cooked, remove from oven and add along with the kale and shrimp, toss to combine. Plate and enjoy!




My garbage bowl of yummy goodness!

I had some leftovers from dinner which will be my lunch tomorrow! Yum!

I have set for myself exercise and eating goals, not because of this cleanse but as an everyday boost of motivation and to get a routine down. I go through days where I just don't have the energy to work out or I just wanna gorge myself and stuff my face with food that isn't the healthiest for me. And when I do I am always left feeling not so good.

So I typed up exercise and Eating goals and taped it to my computer, a place that I will see it everyday.


Just a quick update on how the cleanse is going! It's only the second day and I am finding it quite easy! 

Hope you all had a great Monday!

XO

No comments: