Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cleanse day 4

Happy Wednesday to you all!

I am having a much better day today, partly because I got a better nights sleep and my allergies aren't AS bad today. I mean, they're bad, but not in a "I'm miserable and I hate my life" kind of way. Haha.

Today marks day 4 of the cleanse and it couldn't be going any better! I'm not using the cleanse to loose a ton of weight, because quite frankly I don't need to, maybe just a couple pounds, but that's it. I'm doing this cleanse to maintain a better and healthier eating habit and gym routine. I do well with routines. Once I get on a routine, I stick with it.

This morning, woke up and guzzled down a glass of water and enjoyed some herbal detox tea. For breakfast I cooked up some scrambled egg with spinach (2 eggs- 1 whole and the other just the whites) along with a 1/2 cut up green apple sprinkled with cinnamon.


Oh, I was greeted by Jack today in the garage looking like this:
Covered in dirt!! UGH! I don't get why he likes rolling in the dirt, I just don't get it. One of the downsides of having an orange/white indoor/outdoor cat. FILTHY. And he thought he was coming inside looking like that...psshhh I don't think so. Nope!

Anyways, did some stuff around the house, studied for my midterm then headed to the gym. Did 40 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical. OMG I love it. I feel like I got in a better cardio workout. Also core and arms.

Came home and whipped up lunch which was a Green Monster protein shake. Yuuummmm...

This Green Monster had: 
  • 1/2 cup Vanilla Almond milk 
  • 1/2 cup water
  •  handful of spinach
  • 2 strawberries
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 scoop of Arbonne Vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tbs. almond butter
  • 1 tbs. ground flax.

I know it doesn't look very appetizing, but trust me it is!

Not sure what dinner is going to be tonight... I have a few options I can make. Stuffed bell pepper? Stuffed Portobello? Veggie Quinoa? Brown rice chicken pasta w/ veggies?

Choices, choices!

No comments: