Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tuna Salad and Kale Chips

I thought I would test out a new recipe and spruce up and change around an old one!

What are these recipes?? Kale Chips and Tuna salad.

First up...Tuna Salad. You see, I'm not a huge fan of mayo or pickle relish in my tuna salads. I'm not a huge fan of mayo for that matter. So instead of using mayo I substituted it with greek yogurt. I added some shredded cabbage to the mix and a small handful of almonds. Delish!

Tuna Salad (My way)

Ingredients:
1 5 oz. can tuna, drained
3 tbs. Greek yogurt
1-2 cups chopped shredded cabbage
Salt&pepper
1/4 cup chives (optional)
Handful of almonds (optional)

Method:
Shred the tuna with a fork and add the rest of the ingredients. Taste then add salt and pepper to taste.


Next up...Kale chips! I can not begin to tell you how delicious these are! I was skeptical at first, but I am so glad that I made them. Super easy to make and prepare.

Washed the kale and spun it in a salad spinner to get rid
of the excess water.

Put on baking sheet (after removed the stems) and drizzled 
with EVOO along with salt, pepper, and onion powder.

Viola! What they look like after baked.

Kale Chips

Ingredients:
Kale
Extra virgin olive oil
salt&pepper
Onion power (optional)

Method:
Wash kale and remove the stems in the middle of the kale. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place the kale on the foil. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add the salt, pepper and onion powder. Bake in the over for about 10 mins or until the edges turn brown.
The kale can be seasoned how ever you would like.



No comments: