Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just a regular Thursday

Just another Thursday, nothing special about it.

Woke up this morning at 5:30 a.m, a whole half hour before I needed to get up. I hate when that happens! I rolled myself outta bed and proceeded to get ready for school. Lagged a bit this morning, that's for sure. Before I headed out of the house, I made myself a Green Monster for breakfast to drink on the drive to school.

This Green Monster consisted of:
1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1/3 cup water
1/2 a banana
handful of spinach
1 scoop Arbonne Vanilla Protein
1 scoop Arbonne Fiber
1 Tbs. Chia seeds

Mmmm...exactly what I need this morning!

Driving to school this morning, slightly cloudy.

When I got home today I received a message on my Facebook from my best friend Jenna, who is the one running the Detox Cleanse, with a list of "Detox Do's and Don'ts". It's basically a list of foods and items that we should avoid and foods that we should consume. When people hear the words, "Detox Cleanse" some immediately think it's a cleanse where you don't eat and depend mainly on liquids. That is soooo not the case for this type of detox cleanse! Basically it's cutting out all the unhealthy foods and drinks (no soy, dairy, or gluten) and eating clean. I.e.- more veggies, lean proteins, foods with a higher fiber count, less sugary foods, and fruits and veggies with a higher ANDI score, just to list a few. You still get to eat on this! Just no overeating or snacking.

After going over the list I won't have to change much in my current diet. I do and eat pretty much everything that is listed on the do's and the examples of healthy foods. SCORE! What made me super happy was the fact that GLUTEN FREE OATS was on the list of things I can eat, I can still have it in my diet!! Yeaaayy!!

I am excited to get this started, 3 more days!!

Oh and I had this for dinner too! Turned out so good! My first time cooking and eating brown rice pasta(gluten free!)


This bowl of goodness consisted of brown rice pasta, left over honey dijon chicken, kale, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, seasoned with dried basil and thyme and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Yum!

No comments: