Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats

Good morning Wednesday! And what a beautiful Wednesday it is. The weather is absolutely gorgeous! The sun is shining and nothing but blue skies. Puts a huge smile on my face!

I started my morning off with a bowl of apple cinnamon VOO (vegan overnight oats). OMG it was so yummy! The first time I've had it! I have a bunch of apples in my fridge, so last night, while I was putting together my VOO, I thought I'd put one to good use. I didn't add it to my VOO until this morning.

Instead of my usual honey and almond butter oats, I did cinnamon with apples aaaand just a small spoonful of almond butter. (I love the stuff, so I couldn't help myself.) Last night I prepared my VOO by adding the oats, almond milk, ground flax and cinnamon to a bowl. Whisked together, covered with saran wrap and popped it into the fridge. This morning I added the cut up apple and a small spoonful of almond butter. But first I popped it in the mircrowave for about 40 seconds to warm it up. Stirred it all together and ate! It was sooo delish!

Apple Cinnamon VOO

Ingredients:
1/4 cup oats
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tbs. cinnamon
1 tbs. ground flax or chia seeds
1 tbs. almond butter (optional)
1 apple cut up in bite sized pieces (I didn't use the whole apple, probably just half of it.)

Method:
The night before in a bowl, add the oats, almond milk, ground flax or chia seeds and cinnamon. Whisk together, cover and put in the refrigerator to sit over night. In the morning, remove from the refrigerator and pop into the microwave for about 40 seconds to heat up. This part is optional. I like mine just a tad bit warmed up. Next add the cut up apple to the VOO and a small spoonful of almond butter (optional). And viola! Apple cinnamon VOO.

*I added a little more cinnamon to mine, which is why it looks so dark in the picture. I love cinnamon.

I stirred mine all together once everything was added. Apple cinnamon VOO along with a cup of coffee and supplements. (Multi vitamin, fish oil, and B-12)

Love this mug! The penguin is too cute!

Beautiful Wednesday morning

Enjoy your Wednesday! I'm off to get ready for the day, run some errands then hit up the gym. Looking forward to happy hour later this evening with three of my best girlfriends. Can not wait!

xo Jen

No comments: