Monday, April 18, 2011

Egg Bake

Happy Monday all!!

As promised in my last post, I said I would be whipping up something to new to eat! Today for lunch I threw together an egg bake. Super simple and easy. Also, it is VERY delicious and good for you.  I only used one egg since I was only making this for myself, but if you are going to prepare this for more than one person just increase the ingredients. Feel free to add any other ingredients you would like to this! The ingredients listed below is what I had on hand.






Egg Bake

Ingredients:
1 Egg
1 ramekin
1 tablespoon EVOO or coconut oil
handful of spinach
1/4 cup diced onions (or less, depending on your liking of onions)
Prosciutto
Salt and pepper

Method:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a pan, heat the olive oil and add in the onions. Cook until the onions are translucent. Then add the spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste to the mixture, mix well and then add it to the ramekin. Next, carefully crack the egg on top of the veggie mixture into the ramekin. Place the ramekin on a baking sheet and place into the 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the egg whites are set but the egg is still a little bit jiggly so that the yolks are not completely cooked all the way through. Towards the end I sprinkled on top a little prosciutto. (Completely optional). Scoop the egg carefully out of the ramekin and either serve on a small plate or in a bowl.  Feel free to get creative with your ingredients! There are so many ways to make this. Enjoy!

No comments: