Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stuffed Portabella Mushroom

Good evening all!!

I just had the most amazing, delicious dinner!!

I took the recipe Stuffed Portabella Pizza from Oh She Glows and adapted it a little bit. For the "cheeze" sauce she uses nutritional yeast. Instead of using the nutritional yeast, I used goat cheese and oh my gawd it was yummy! I also cooked up and added some spicy italian sausage to it. Why?? Because my dad HAS TO have meat and I cooked this for my parents and I. So I added the italian sausage to his portabella and left it out of mine.

It was a hit! I knew my mom would love it, her taste in food is similar to mine. The main person I was worried about was my dad. He loves his meat whereas I can do with out it. I'll still consume chicken and fish, but all other meat is off limits. NO WAY JOSE! But he loved it! Mainly because there was meat in it, haha.

Stuffed Portabella Mushroom


Ingredients:
4 Portabellas (or how ever many you want)
1 cup pizza sauce
Goat cheese
2 cups spicy italian sausage
1/3 cup of each- red and orange bell pepper; diced
1/3 cup sweet onion diced
Red pepper flakes
2-3 large basil leaves, finely diced

Method:
Preheat oven by setting the broiler on low. Take a baking sheet and line with foil, silicone non-stick baking mat or parchment paper. Makes it easier to clean up. :) Remove the stems of the Portabella and gently clean/rub the mushrooms with a wet cloth. Place the Portabellas "belly" side up on the baking sheet. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce into each Portabella, then crumble on the goat cheese on top of the pizza sauce. Next chop the onion and bell peppers and sprinkle on the Portabellas. If you want to add the spicy italian sausage, cook before adding to mushrooms. Add to mushrooms after adding the goat cheese and before the bell peppers and onions. Finally shake on the red pepper flakes and sprinkle on the basil. Pop them in the oven on the middle rack and broil on the lowest temperature setting; takes about 10-12 minutes to cook. Serve immediately and most importantly ENJOY!

No comments: