Thursday, April 21, 2011

Detox Cleanse

Starting May 1st, I will be beginning my first detox cleanse. I am so excited! What makes it even more exciting is that I will be doing this with 2 of my best friends and a few other close friends. By doing it together I believe it will help all of us stay motivated and on track.

My protein powder and fiber arrived in the mail today and it just made me even more excited to get this cleanse started!

This detox cleanse consists of a shake a day, plus the fiber which is easy to incorporate into the shake since it's powder. The cleanse is based on the Paleo diet, and I pretty much follow that now as it is. Also, no soy, no dairy or gluten. I won't have to change up my diet much since I already don't do soy, dairy (I'm slightly lactose), but I do incorporate a little gluten in my diet so that might be a little tough. Of course exercise and since I'm a gym bunny anyways that won't be tough at all. Oooh and did I mention cutting back on alcohol or cutting it out completely during the cleanse? Yup. This might be a toughie... I'm a social drinker when I go out and enjoy a couple drinks. Plus I do enjoy my glass of wine here and there too!

I am super excited to start May 1st! It can't come soon enough!

I already tested out Arbonne's vanilla protein powder and it tastes good!


Banana Plum Shake

Ingredients:
Half a banana
3 dried pitted plums
1 scoop Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Scoop Arbonne Fiber
~about 1 cup vanilla almond milk

Directions:
In a blender add the vanilla almond milk then the powders. Next add the dried plums and half the banana. Blend up until everything is incorporated and blended all together, pour into a glass and enjoy!

No comments: