Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Un-Fried Rice

This is super yummy and healthier than most Chinese restaurants or take-out, in my opinion. =)
What's typed in bold are the things I did.

Un-Fried Rice
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup chopped onions
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (optional) **(or shrimp, I added shrimp to mine)
  • 3 cups brown rice (cooked)
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 tablespoon oil or extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce **(or wheat-free soy sauce)
  • 1-2 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil (Add more if needed; taste the food as your cooking)
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds (I didn't have any on hand when I made this)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup liquid egg whites **(or 2-3 whole eggs)
Preparation:
  • In a large non-stick skillet, over high head, add the oil and saute the onions until slightly soft.
  • Add the remaining ingredients, expect for the eggs or egg whites, stirring occasionally. (Add more soy sauce or sesame seed oil if needed)
  • Add the eggs or egg whites combing the rice until the eggs are scrambled.
  • Serve and enjoy!
Found on Bethenny.com

    FYI: In no way am I taking credit for these recipes! I will only take credit for the recipes that I come up with myself. The recipes I post are ones that I love and want to share with everyone else. I have added links to the pages where I find them.

    No comments: