Monday, March 21, 2011

Sesame Kale Salad

Here's another yummy treat that I absolutely love! Super easy to throw together and cook up. (Health-Bent)



Sesame Kale Salad



Ingredients:

◦2 bunches kale, torn into bite size pieces, no stems

◦a little bit of water

◦1/4 c sesame oil

◦2 T wheat free soy sauce or coconut aminos (found at Whole Foods)

◦2 T sesame seeds

Method:
Place about 1/4 c of of water in a large, microwave safe bowl. Add the torn kale and seal the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Place in the microwave for 1 minute increments, peeking into the bowl during each cycle. It’s done when the kale has steamed and wilted, this should take around 3 minutes.

Unwrap the bowl and be careful not to steam-burn yourself. Once the kale is cool enough to handle, pour out the water and squeeze the kale until most of the water is gone.

Add the rest of ingredients and mix to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Served cold tastes like a seaweed salad at a japanese restaurant.
_______________________________________________________

I whipped this up to eat for lunch one weekend, and it's delish! Enjoy this either cold or warm for lunch or serve it along with dinner. Great dish for either!

FYI: In no way am I taking credit for these recipes! I will only take credit for the recipes that I come up with myself. The recipes I post are ones that I love and want to share with everyone else. I have added links to the pages where I find them.

No comments: